Most people think that they know how to use MS Excel. Sadly, many do not realize that file crashes, formula errors, link errors, among others are indications of lack of understanding what MS Excel developer team has intended for the users.
In SMART EXCEL course, in addition to learning on how to overcome these setbacks, you will also receive training on how to create sustainable model that is insightful with interactive charts.
âFile crashes and formula errors due to lack of understanding."
How OUR COURSE helps you...
Create interactive and dynamic report using MS Excel
You are tasked
â¢ to unearth trends based on available data and to turn them into actionable information.
â¢ to create multiple scenarios.
â¢ to present your findings and professional recommendations.
â¢ compiling in-depth data is laborious and overwhelming.
â¢ preparing a visually gripping presentations to your audience is almost an impossible task.
Our Course will...
â¢ instill techniques to uncover the meaning in your data.
â¢ impart the appropriate skills to create visually attention gripping and effective report presentations that lead to better decision making.
BI Software / ERP
â¢ ERP takes more than 6 months to implement.
â¢ ERP needs IT experts to implement and maintain.â¢ ERP may not allow to import other sources of information to produce integrated report. *BI - Business Intelligence
*ERP - Enterprise Resource Planning
â¢ It can be implemented easily.
â¢ It is user friendly, anyone can use.
â¢ It can compile big data from various sources of information.â¢ It is excellent for integrated report / dashboard.
Tips during Course
â¢ File crashes.
â¢ Link losses.
â¢ Complex formula that doesn't work.â¢ Error results.
What Smart Excel isâ¦..
Smart Excel is an innovative yet structured approach in using spreadsheet to build business models based on sustainable principles. With the right combination of simple formula and functions, you can create your own Business Intelligent-like reports and Dashboards by just using MS Excel. The best part is you can update these regular reports and Dashboards at a fraction of your usual lead time.
Above all, it transforms your usual dump data reports into dynamic analysis with charts. Thus, your audience will appreciate meaningful insights with interactive commentaries, key performance indicators and metrics.
Check out what you can do.....
The interactive and integrated business analytics report can be updated with just a few clicks. Let's watch....
Create your own simulation for business proposal, budget and projections.
Participants will learn how to create effective dashboards that speak volume.
âA new level of mindset on how to communicate your findings and stories in data visualization."
âBuild business models based on sustainable principles."
Free course preview can be arranged.
This course will help you discover how to simplify your approach to problem solving by using Excel.
Excelâs potential are woefully underutilized by the majority of users. This course will help you discover how to simplify your approach to problem solving by using Excel, particularly those powerful functions that are rarely known to many. We impart to you how to be quick, accurate, flexible, and creative.
During the course, we will also help you to elevate to a new level of mindset on how to communicate your findings and stories in visual analytics by harnessing Excelâs strengths as a simple-yet-effective tool.
âBring your data dump to life!"
".......Angela is very professional and very helpful...Though class was very intensive but we enjoyed throughout the class as we solved a lot of exercises together .... the functions and formula I learned is very useful to my work...."
"......Previously my summary was quite long and big.... When I need to printout, I had to squeeze all the tables together. With the functions and technics that I learned, I can now simplify my summary even more. In fact I can put in more new data which is useful for management in decision making.... With interact tables and charts, it would ease our management to view different period.... "
"....It is very interesting and many unexpected technics....I've learnt a lot and I know I can achieve more from now on....It's a must for everyone who works with EXCEL."
"......By learning this Smart Excel actually help me in my daily task in handling large data. I now know I can simplify and make my data presentation more meaningful...."
This programme seeks to enable participants to:
- Create data empire from disparate data sources.
- Build reliable and sustainable, yet interactive and impactful reporting models.
- Create what-if scenarios for planning, appraisal and better decision making.
- Design and develop dashboards enabling effective communication and insightful analysis for business strategies.
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to compile and produce insightful periodic reports and create simulations and dashboards.
*Important: Participants are required to bring their own laptop (with mouse) installed with MS Excel 2010 or 2013 or 2016. (Computer / laptop will not be provided.)
- Face to face training with more than 30 hands-on exercises.
- Discussion and brain-storming sessions.
- Pre-Learning materials: It will be emailed to participants two weeks earlier for practice and in preparation for the intensive course.
- Post-Course work: You are encouraged to build Excel models that solve your current needs at your workplace. The lead time for the submission is within a month after of the course. During the period, you may seek guidance in applying the new learning. To earn a Certificate of Competency, you should meet the set criteria which will be discussed during the class.
- Small ratio class for effective learning. Maximum number of participant is 15 pax.
PART 1 (3 days)
- Build reliable models based on sustainable principles
- Technics to clean raw data and to construct data empire
- Create integrated and insightful report with commentaries
- Build impactful presentation with dynamic charts
- Develop what-if scenario with intelligent simulations for budget (including fixed assets, human resource cost, semi-variable costs, cashflow, among others.)
- Prepare dynamic simulation for investment with NPV, IRR and payback period.
PART 2 (2 days)
- Highlight common mistakes in graphs and presentations
- Build insightful charts and dashboard for Business Analytics and Actionable Information
- Design visual layout for effective communication
- Brainstorming on real case studiesÂ
Who Should Attend?
CFOs, Financial Controllers, Accountants, Finance Managers, Business Managers, Analysts, HR managers, Sales & Marketing Managers, Engineers, especially for those wanting to move up to lead future analytics and reporting.
Participant should be
- a regular user of MS Excel for at least one (1) year
- possess at least MS Excel Level 1 (Basic) skills
- familiar with navigating around the software
Public training will be organised from time to time.
Some of the training courses is organised in collaboration with Malaysian Institute of Accountants ("MIA").
In House Training
In house training can be arranged at your time and place. We can tailor our courses to meet your needs and train your whole department to become the agent for change in your organisation.
"We can hold FREE in-house course PREVIEW. Call us now!"
About YEN SIZ MEE (Angela)
Course Developer | Master Trainer | Consultant
(Registered with HRDF No: TTT / 17452)
Angela has a diverse career experience that spans from corporate consultancy, to audit and managing companies. This includes a seven year tenure with one of the âBig 4â as a Senior Consultant. She handled feasibility studies and corporate restructuring such as IPOs, reverse takeovers and corporate debts restructuring for various industries.
Later whilst with a KLSE-listed group, she was responsible for preparing the budgets, projections as well as business models and simulations for potential business proposals. Her knack for preparing appropriate SOPs had also contributed additional million-ringgits in revenue.
A UK-graduate, Angela is known for her realistic, methodical and practical orientated delivery, that transforms the strenuous data and figure sorter into the forefront as a business analyst.
Angela - Course developer and course trainer
GET IN TOUCH...
To join a training or arrange for consultation, send us a message or call us.
Email:Â (601) 257-4594
Address: Unit D-2-5, Tanjung Aru Plaza
Kota Kinabalu, Sabah Malaysia
(By appointment only.)
Letâs discover how to use simple spreadsheet functions MS Excel to create interactive reports, dynamic charts and automated commentary. This course meets your unique business challenges at a fraction of the time taken compared to your usual standard practice and process. It enables you to present concise information to management quickly and with maximum data integrity.